Rich, Kindra and Andrew

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wow it's been an adventure so far, where do I start?

We made it to Anchorage at 9:30pm(11:30 Idaho time)on the 29th, Andrew was great, he loved the planes. We spent the night and then drove 3 hours to Kenai, for some reason I got car sick and had to vomit-weak hu, come on 3 hours that isn't that long. Anyway lets just say Alaska is HUGE! The mountains are different than Idaho's, they really seem bigger. It's probably because we're so close. The towns are very small but pretty and yes we see mouse alot. The people here just talk about how they can't wait for summer and I totally understand they only have 4-5 hours of day light and it's overcast everyday.

We collected/harvested my eggs on Sun the 3rd at 8 pm and you won't believe how many I had! 19!!!!!!! ya that's what I said. They hope for 8-15 and I had 19, no wonder I looked pregnant already my abdomen was so crowded. Think of it this way that is a year and a half worth of eggs. The procedure didn't hurt at all because of the I.V. Valium and Demerol and I got to watch him insert the needle into each follicle and suck out the fluid which includes the egg, so cool. About 2 hours after is when I got sick, I hate vomiting, don't you just want to die each time you vomit? In all it was pretty easy and exciting. So about 1 in the morning Dr.Anderson performed ICSI, which is when you inject a single sperm into an egg. Now its Wed the 6th and we just got back from Soldotna(the town the Dr's office is in) we got to look at the eggs in the incubator, sooooooooo cool! We're down to 10 eggs now and we saw that the had split a few times which is good, they're developing. Now we wait 48 hours, look again and hope they're ready to come back to momma!

Rich and Andrew have been great, hotel living can get old, good thing we have a nice pool and hot tub. Andrew calls the hotel "home". Well I better run it's time to go swimming. I'll keep you posted!!! Take care!